The following is our recommended book list so you will know what is going on and not be taken advantage for in our opinion from a doctor such as Cathal Grant M.D. in Bedford, Texas who is in it for the money and does not care about you and will keep you on a anti-depressant when you only need to be on it short term, making the drug companies and Cathal Grant M.D. in Bedford, Texas lots of money, read, educate yourself, do not be take advantage of. We especially recomend the books of Peter R. Breggin, M.D. :
- The Anti-Depressant Fact Book by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.
- Your Drug May Be Your Problem How and why to stop taking Psychiatric Medications by Peter R. Breggin, M.D. and David Cohen, Ph. D.
- Medication Madness The Role of Psychiatric Drugs in Cases of Violence, Suicide, and Crime by Peter R. Breggin, M.D.
- America Fooled The Truth About Anti-depressants, Antipsychotics and How We’ve Been Deceived by Dr. Timothy Scott
- Side Effects by Alison Bass click here to go to her website
- Psychiatric Malpractice Stories of Patients, Psychiatrist, and the law by James L. Kelley
- How to get off Cymbalta Safely There is hope. There is a Solution by James Harper
- Identifying Medical Malpractice by Jack Schroder
- The Risks of Prescription Drugs by Donald W. Light
- Toxic Psychatry by Peter R. Breggin M.D.
- The Risks of Prescription Drugs by Donald W. Light
- Our Daily Meds by Melody Petersen Watch her interview here (19:00 min.) on PBS with Bill Moyer.
- Above all read the data sheet that came with your medication go to the website of the company that makes the drug and read about the medication you are taking and the reactions you could have, believe it our not your doctor may not know that much about the medication they are prescribing, in our opinion especially if it is Cathal Grant in our opinion he will know nothing about the adverse reactions or the drugs he is prescribing, case in point Cymbalta, or any other SSRI class drug he prescribes and will make no effert to be there when you need him.
- I you are being given an anti-depressant first go to Dr Peter R. Breggin, M.D. website at http://www.breggin.com save yourself some heartache first go to his site.
- In our opinion stay away from Cathal Grant M.D. in Bedford, Texas, do not let your husband or wife get near him you will regret it, he loves to tell them to leave you without reason. He is also being paid in our opinion $26,676 by Elli Lilly to push as much Cymbalta on you as he can where you need it or not, he does not care if getting off the drug the side effects are terrable,or you could hurt someone while on the drug or attack someone, he never tell you or you family about this, no he just is a pusher of the drugs. Click here to see the payments made to Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas by the Drug companies.Look at this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af47xIySjaY&feature=related
- In our opinion stay away also from Melody A Hubnik, PHD, LPC, LMFT, Colleyville, Texas, do not let your husband or wife get near her you will regret it, she also loves to tell them to leave you without reason, she has personal issues she brings into her practice, and is on the drug Addrell a schedule II controlled narcotic substance which does not make her personality stable.
INFORMATION ABOUT NON-DRUG APPROACHES TO MENTAL HEALTH AND/OR SAFELY GETTING OFF PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS
Safe Harbor includes links to find medical doctors (by zip code) who can assist with helping people safely get off of psychiatric drugs and medical personnel who will treat people without the use of psychiatric drugs
Alternative to Meds Center — Residential psychiatric medication withdrawal with medical and naturopathic oversight in Sedona, Arizona
Green Mental Health — Holistically-centered mental health care system which reflects traditional environmental, humanitarian, and health conscious values
The Road Back — How to get off psychiatric drugs safely
Soteria House — Alternative and non-drug solutions for people diagnosed schizophrenic
ALTERNATIVES TO PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS FOR CHILDREN
The Block Center — Find and treat underlying health problems in children and information on how children can safely get off of psychiatric drugs
DrugFreeChildren.org — Informational website on issues surrounding the use of “chemical restraints” on children
The Doris J. Rapp Education Corporation — Vital information on environmental factors affecting health in children and adults
AbleChild — Parents for a label and drug-free education
MENTAL HEALTH PATIENTS RIGHTS GROUPS
Mind Freedom International — is a nonprofit organization that works to win human rights and provide alternatives for people labeled with psychiatric disabilities
Whitaker Wellness Institute — Health care for a longer, more active life with a focus on elderly care
Institute for Progressive Medicine — Conventional and complementary therapies
The American College for the Advancement of Medicine — A nonprofit medical society dedicated to improving complementary and alternative medicine
ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES & MENTAL HEALTH
American Academy of Environmental Medicine — Promotes optimum health through prevention and safe and effective treatments
Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry — Lead toxicity: What are the physiologic effects of lead exposure?
MedlinePlus — Information on drugs, supplements and herbal information
Psych Drug Dangers — CCHR International’s psychiatric drug side effects search engine includes reported side effects of psychiatric drugs to the US FDA
REPORTING SIDE EFFECTS OF DRUGS
Medwatch — The FDA safety information and adverse event reporting program
HEALTH OPTIONS & INFORMATION
Naturalnews.com — Independent news on natural health, nutrition and more
Natural Solutions — Natural remedies and healthy solutions
Natural Health Education
Dr. Mark Hyman
Bailey Perrin Bailey — Large civil litigation firm specializing in personal injury litigation
Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman — Wrongful death and personal injury lawyers
Vickery Waldner & Mallia LLP — Wrongful death and medical negligence lawyers
Weitz & Luxenberg P.C. — Personal injury and medical malpractice lawyers
FEDERAL LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION
THOMAS — Legislative information from the Library of Congress