In my opinion we have seen the damage that Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas , and his Nurse practitioners (like Sharon Walters, R.N., Bedford, Texas ) have done to the public, ruining careers, relationships, children, and stable marriages, we have kept asking why has the State Medical Board of Texas not done something about him well Becky Oliver of Fox Four News Dallas has uncovered why Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas ,and others like him get away with hurting people in the State of Texas where the medical board is controlled by the Medical industry and Doctors protect other Doctors.
Source: Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com
Becky Oliver of Fox Four News Dallas Reported That:
“Top secret meetings, back-door deals and confidential complaints are all a part of the Texas Board of Medical Examiners. The state board is supposed to be policing doctors and protecting the public but some patients complain the system is a prescription for failure.
In 2003 Texas lawmakers put caps on medial malpractice lawsuits but promised to keep a tight rein on doctors by beefing up the Texas board.
Fox 4 has been looking into the board’s practices for some time but late Monday afternoon we found another example of why some patients question who the board really protects.”
One thing Becky Oliver did not find out in our experience is that people who have filed compliant against a doctor are not invited to the hearing on their own compliant, see the Texas Medical board does not want any witnesses to testify, then they would actually be forced to do something, and in our experience doctors like Cathal Grant can lie and make unsubstantiated accusations about the person making the compliant against them, and we are supposed to have equal justice under the law in the United States, but the Texas Medical Board denies you this right.
In our experience with Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas , doing so much harm to careers, children, relationships, and has caused a number of divorces due to not listening to families about the adverse drug effect on loved one, but his improper management of the medication he prescribes (he has even caused a wife to attack her husband without cause, when he was warned both verbally, and in writing it he adverse effects of the drug Cymbalta, which Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas ,is paid by Elli Lilly to push (see below)), the actual issue is he only spends five minutes with each patient, so his personal profits of his practice skyrocket, patients have written the folowing statements about Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas methods and his medical practice:
- I have reported them to the State of Texas for their “cattle call” ways and negligence. BEWARE
- He is out to make the money and it is apparent the way patients are herded through the practice with no regard for the patient’s needs.
- Beware if he tries to prescribe you a “new” drug on the market, it probably means they are paying him now.
- Cathal Grant broke up my happy marriage of 25 years without any reason, told my wife to leave me without reason
- You are run through like cattle and very very quickly. you almost feel like you are just getting a quick stock answer in order to move you on. No one really takes any time with you or really seems concerned about your condition.
- Dr. Grant has lost his heart with regard to humanity and truly helping people.
- I have seen Dr. Grant a grand total of twice. Anytime I try to get into to see him, I am pawned off on one of the Nurse Practitioners .
- An NP almost killed me trying to wear me down to take anti depressants.
- No one gets to visit the psychiatrist Dr. Grant for more than 5 minutes. He lets his NP’s make medical decisions that only a qualified Dr. can make. These NPs are under his license.
- This was a horrible experience for me! I saw Dr. Grant only one time and saw one of the nurses, Peggy, every time. Huuuuge waste of time!!
- THIS DOCTOR IS VERY RUDE WILL NOT LET YOU SPEAK AND DOES NOT ASK ENOUGH QUESTIONS OR ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS HE IS VERY SHORT AND GIVES MEDS W/O REGUARD TO PEOPLE HAT HAVE BAD SIDE EFFECTS AND THEN ACCUSES YOU OF MISUSE
- My husband may go to prison I thought Dr. Grant would help my husbands anger issues, he only made them worse!
- I’ve read bad reviews on Dr. Grant who seems to prescribe medication freely without spending the time to talk/listen to understand the roots of an issue. I would say that Dr. Grant’s indifferent policy helped lead to the demise of our marriage with my husband b/c despite taking medication nothing really changed .
- My son was a patient of Dr. Grant. He was two weeks away from an appointment, and was taken to the hospital and kept on suicide watch. I called Dr. Grant to get him in, but was told they had no openings. I was to call to see if they had a cancellation. I tried several times, but was only able to get him in when his appointment came around. Then they only saw him for 5 minutes. So in two weeks, they couldn’t get a suicidal patient in for 5 minutes?
- Both of my w grown children saw Dr. Grant for intensive therapy. The treatments were not effective for them. They cannot bear to hear Dr. Grant’s name. Too little, too late. I would not ever recommend Dr. Grant to anyone. Please, take your children elsewhere.
- I find dr grant to be rude uncaring and unwilling to patients. I feel he treats us like cattle. I am a former patient.
- Dr. Grant. He immediately changed my medications upon my first visit. I didn’t think very much of this at first however I was afraid of adverse reactions because I had experienced that in the past. However When the new year rolled around and I found that my new prescription was in the neighborhood of $400.00 per month I had an issue that I reported to the office. They truly were not understanding.
- I’m not someone who comments/or participates in writing about my person experiences with physicians and/or any industry. However, my recent experience with Dr Grant,and his staff (nurse practitioners, assistants, & social workers) put me at high risk for having a medical emergency. I located Dr Grant’s office on-line a couple months ago and decided to use his service, because he was close to my home and all I needed was a psychiatrist to monitor my current medications and renew prescriptions.My first visit went well and I was expected to return in 3 months for a check-up. When I was in his office we went over my medications and he told me to call if I needed a renewal. I was starting to get low on one of my high power pschiatric medications and called his office for a renewal. After, numerous calls and being passed on to other managers and nurses I was helpless with getting a renewal for my medication that I have been taking for 8 years. This particular medication builds up in your system and has to be tappered off vs abruptly stopping the medication. Yes, I was nervous and scared and begged the nurses to ask doctor to call my medication in. Soon I was out of the medication and experiencing uncomfortable withdrawals. I finally got in to see Dr Grant a week later. I was experiencing medical withdrawals (anxiety, heart palpitations, nausea, dizziness, chest pain, high blood pressure, increased pulse)andI could hardly talk from uncontrollable shaking. Dr Grant was more concerned with making a point and justifying his refusal to renew my medications and failed to see me as a patient and remember his oath to take care of his patients with the highest standard of integrity and trust.Finally, I believe looking at the big picture, that Dr Grant jeopardized my health to be paid for a office visit.Thank goodness I’m ok and didn’t have a stroke are seizure, because of the abrupt stop in my medication.I hope this help’s you in making the right decision on who to take care of your needs…..if you follow the money all my questions are answered.
So why does a doctor like Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas ,get away with this kind of practice?
Becky Oliver in her interview found out just why this is:
We can’t tell you where a particular case is,” Irvin Zeitler Jr., D.O. said. Zeitler is president of the board.
“I understand why the public would want to know more information,” said Mari Robinson, executive director of the board. “But we cannot give it to you.”
The public only gets to see disciplinary action when it is final. Even during public meetings, board members, who are mostly doctors, refer to physicians as numbers and never mention their names.
Since 2003 the number of complaints rolling into the board has skyrocketed from 4,900 to more than 8,000 last year. But investigations are down to only 25 percent. Mari Robinson says doctors now review complaints instead of nurses and they are finding 75 percent don’t require investigating.
Cases are also taking much longer to resolve. That number is up to 328 days.
“We cannot force people to review cases so we have to find people to agree to do it,” Robinson said.
Robinson says the Federation of Medical Boards ranked Texas No. 1 for all disciplinary actions in 2010. But Public Citizen, which looks at just serious disciplinary actions like revocations and suspensions, ranked Texas 34 nationwide.
“The job of the medical board is to police the profession, find the worst actors and kick them out,” said Alex Winslow of Texas Watch, a consumer watchdog group. “That’s their job. Slaps on the wrist, administrative penalties, that does not do the job.”
And there are others that feel the medical board let them down.
Amber Sommers thought the doctor involved in her mother’s death would never practice again.
She was just 9 years old when she got the news of an accident.
“It just erases your world,” Sommers said.
In 2001 the medical board found Dr. Jacques Roy was having a “sexual relationship” with Deborah Sommers and “wrote her more than 35 prescriptions.” An autopsy confirmed Sommers had an “elevated blood level of hydrocodone” the day of the accident.
The board put Roy on five years probation.
In February the federal government busted Dr. Roy, claiming he was the biggest single Medicare fraudster in the country. The case is pending. Dr. Roy declined comment.
“That name, Dr. Roy, has haunted our family,” said Amber Sommers.
All of these women believe the board’s delays, secrecy and leniency ends up costing patients and leaves a trail of devastation.
“Slapped him on the wrist,” said Sommers. “It was like he never did anything wrong.”
“I want some kind of justice or explanation for why this happened, what went wrong,” said Monica Moreno.
“Why would they allow him to continue hurting people,” said Irma Carbajal LeCroy.
Late Monday afternoon, the board informed Fox 4 it has now taken action on Carbajal LeCroy’s complaint. The board temporarily restricted Dr. Molina from performing any cosmetic, plastic or reconstructive procedures.
“I’ve got medical bills. I need therapy. I don’t know where to stay. Where am I going to stay?” Carbajal LeCroy said.
This is Dr. Molina’s second trip to the board. In 2004 he was disciplined and ordered to pay $25,000 for prescribing controlled substances and dangerous drugs over the Internet.
And now the full documentary Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging – Full Movie, This movie show just how Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas , is hurting people:
Run Time: 1:34.43
Does Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas, get paid by the drug companies to push their drugs on you, if you need them or not, yes he does look below:
The real truth about the money paid to Cathal Grant by the drug Companies
Notice Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas is paid by Eli Lilly, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Cephalon, GlaxoSmithKline, and Pfizer to push their drug in our opinion it is clear what Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas is doing, prescribing drug if you need them or not.
- Texas Tribune: Drug Company Payments to Texas Doctors Raise Questions
Doctors Paid Big By Drug Companies?
One patient statement about Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas:
“We found out that he gets paid to speak for almost every drug company out there, even if the drugs are competitors. He is out to make the money and it is apparent the way patients are herded through the practice with no regard for the patient’s needs. Beware if he tries to prescribe you a “new” drug on the market, it probably means they are paying him now. “
In our experience Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas, does not tell you one big fact that you the patient has and that is Informed Consent, Dr. Cathal P Grant MD, Bedford, Texas, does not discuss this or wants you to know about this, in our experience so he can get you hooked on psychotropic medications so you can do nothing but feed you greed for money, and you do not care at all what you do to the patient’s life.
This video proves what we are saying in our opinion about Cathal Grant’s medical practice, it also shows how Cathal Grant does not want you to have informed consent in your visit with him, and he does not tell you the truth, as the video below shows: